Every homeowner takes pride in the look of their homes like its curb appeal and interior designs, etc. The objective is to maintain their homes in the best possible look. However, often there are times when homeowners will prefer an unattractive look for their home at least for the pests that are present in their landscape.
Sometimes it becomes necessary to make the landscape as much unappealing as possible to various unwanted pests, according to a well-known horticulturist.
The flies, mosquitoes, critters, and many other pests of Oklahoma can add a lot of frustration to the life of any homeowner during the spring and summer seasons. However, there are many things that you are able to do for keeping your gardens, lawn, and greenery looking good and at the same time keep these annoying pests away.
Thunder Pest Control is one of the well-known pest control Edmond OK companies available and has been offering pest control services since the year 1995. You can avail of their services to eradicate pests.
Pests can damage in the following ways:
- By spreading disease
- Creating allergies and venom
- By damaging houses
Besides pests, there can also be different rodents in your surroundings both indoors and outdoors such as rats, mice, chipmunks, squirrels, etc. These rodents can also be dangerous as often they cause many different harms to your properties. They can be found in these places indoors and outdoors.
- Behind your walls
- Crawl spaces
- Attics and basements
- Behind appliances
- Storage boxes
- Under sinks
- Wood piles
- Abandoned bird nests
- Tree stumps
- Near water bodies
- Under decks
- Near foundations
- Dense vegetation
The following are a few tips to deter these pests from your surroundings:
- Take proper care of your landscaping regularly
- Remove weeds often
- Use the following plants that can naturally deter pests
- Edible herbs e.g. basil, oregano, rosemary, parsley, thyme, fennel, bay leaves, lemongrass, and also mint can deter mosquitoes
- Lavender can produce an appealing fragrance that can deter mosquitoes, fleas, and flies
- Citronella whose fragrant oils can drive away different insects and mosquitoes
- Chrysanthemum flower can turn away ticks, fleas, lice, and mites
- Petunias can be easily maintained and found in many colors and can repel various types of insects easily
- Marigolds flowers produce a certain fragrance that can drive away aphids and mosquitoes
- Garlic has a strong odor and can drive away insects
- Catnip can also repel mosquitoes
For removing rodents you can take the following actions besides hiring pest control professionals:
- Remove woodpiles, garbage, debris
- Put a tight lid on your garbage boxes outside
- Maintain a distance between your home and garden as well as compost areas
- Ensure that all cracks on the walls are fully sealed
- Missing shingles or loose shingles must be repaired
- Ensure that the caps of your chimneys are tightly fitted
- Repair your roofline holes
- Repair leaky taps and no water source must spread waters.
By taking all these actions, you can make your premises completely free from any kind of pests and rodents.